Carlson and Rezidor hotels focus on combined steering committee
Brussels – 10 May 2017 –
The Rezidor Hotel Group and Carlson Hotels announced that they will create a Global Steering Committee to provide overall strategic direction to both companies. The Committee will be comprised of an equal number of representatives from Carlson Hotels and Rezidor, and will provide guidance and strategic counsel to the respective management teams of Carlson Hotels and Rezidor. Both Carlson Hotels and Rezidor will continue to operate as independent entities and the companies will continue to be governed and led by each company’s respective Boards of Directors and key executives. The creation of a new Global Steering Committee has been approved by the Boards of Directors of both companies.
As part of the new structure, Rezidor separately announced that Federico González Tejera has resigned as Global Chief Executive Officer of Carlson Hotels Group and has been named President & CEO of Rezidor. Mr. González will also serve as Chairman of the Global Steering Committee. Wolfgang M. Neumann has resigned as President & CEO of Rezidor and will serve as a non-executive Director on the Rezidor Board of Directors. John Kidd will become Chief Executive Officer of Carlson Hotels.
The Global Steering Committee will foster deeper and more effective collaboration between the two companies in order to improve decision-making processes and productivity, ensure greater strategic alignment, and leverage the talent of both organizations. As part of its mandate, the Committee will:
- Provide overall strategic guidance and counsel to each company’s management teams;
- Provide insight on key global functions within Carlson Hotels and Rezidor, including branding, marketing & sales, IT, and other global resources; and,
- Refine partner and franchisee alignment to better reflect the needs of both companies and their customers.
According to the founding charter, the Committee will be comprised of the following positions:
- Rezidor Representatives: President & CEO, and Deputy President & Chief Financial Officer
- Carlson Hotels Representatives: Chief Executive Officer, and Chief Information Officer
- Global Representatives of Rezidor and Carlson Hotels: Executive Vice President & Global Chief Branding and Commercial Officer, and Executive Vice President & Global Chief Resources Officer