Practical tips to save time at the airport and be informed in real time
View the new satellite S4 internet website
From Friday 29 June to Sunday 1st July, Air France will welcome:
- at Paris-Orly: 126,000 customers, including 49,000 on Friday 29 June,
- at Paris-Charles de Gaulle: 370,000 customers, including 124,000 on 29 June.
In this context of record passenger numbers, Air France advises customers to arrive at the airport as early as possible.
* including partner airlines and airlines that Air France handles.
Air France airport staff on hand
Air France will deploy additional staff to welcome and assist customers, notably at Paris-Charles de Gaulle, where summer 2012 is marked by major changes with the opening of the new departure lounge in Terminal 2E (M gates) and the transfer of flights from Terminal 2C to Terminal 2E.
Fun activities will be on offer to enable customers to enjoy their time waiting in line during very busy periods.
Save time at the airport on airfrance.com and your smartphone
To ensure passengers a smooth passage through the airport, customers are invited to consult the website www.airfrance.com, its mobile version http://mobile.airfrance.com or its free mobile applications (iPhone, Android, Blackberry, and iPad in July).
Passengers will then be able to:
- check in online in advance and choose or change their seat,
- print their boarding pass from 30 hours before departure and up to the latest check-in time, or be sent it via e-mail or SMS on their smartphone,
- purchase an additional baggage allowance benefiting from a reduction of 20%, in addition to the first bag weighing up to 23 kg offered free of charge,
- check the information relevant to the preparation of their trip, including those relating to baggage, changes in latest check-in times or formalities. Since 26 June 2012, for example, a child must be in possession of an individual official travel document, passport or identity card.
- benefit from Air France Connect, a proactive information service to inform customers of any irregularities: to be informed in real time of any flight cancellations, delays, a change in boarding gate or any delayed baggage delivery, customers can give Air France their mobile phone number (with country code) and the e-mail address they will be using during their trip. The contact numbers must be entered in the "Manage my bookings" section, on their Flying Blue account or in the ?My account? section.
- find out about ?Parafe?, the fast channel to go through passport control in less than a minute at Paris-Charles de Gaulle and Paris-Orly West (Hall 3). This automated passport check is available to passengers with a biometric passport or having recently registered with the French Border Police (www.parafe.gouv.fr/en/).
Air France wishes all its customers a very happy summer vacation.
Discover all the latest Air France news in real time wherever you are on the free iPhone application on the corporate website and on smartphones at http://mobile-corporate.airfrance.com/en