Every year the Austrian cable cars invest in new infrastructure. Last season they spent approx. EUR 500 m, whereby EUR 300 m was put towards safety and improved comfort.
Alpbachtal and Wildsch?nau
The Alpbachtal and the Wildsch?nau are joining forces by merging their ski areas. From December 2012, the new ski area with the appealing name ?Ski Jewel? will offer snow sports lovers 145km pistes, 47 lifts and one new connecting piste. The connecting lift will be built next to the P?glbahn valley station in Inneralpbach. From this site a new monocable detachable 8-seater gondola will lead to below the Pechalm, where a middle station will be built, and will then continue on to the top station on the Schatzberg. A new two kilometre long connecting piste will be created from the Schatzberg to the middle station.
- The new Waldebahn, a modern 6-seater chairlift, opens on the Hahnenkamm, replacing the T-bar lift Walde.
- The double-chairlift ?Zweitausender? will be replaced by an 8-seater chair lift.
- 780 snow making machines will be available for use in 2012/13.
- The new 10-person ?Gefrorene Wand? gondola lift at Hintertux Glacier leads from Tuxer Fernerhaus (2,660m) directly into the glacier ski area at 3,033m. The worldwide first 10-person gondola lift from Doppelmayr features heated seats and replaces the ?Gefrorene Wand 3a? double chair lift.
- ?Shreadheadz? will find an ultimate playground for improving their skills in the new Winterpark Hintertux at Sommerberg. The 4-person Tuxerjoch lift with all-weather bubble will transport everybody comfortably. As a result, the freestyle winter will be prolonged and, with the exception of the short August break, the park will now be open throughout the year for fun on the Hintertux Glacier.
- The new 8-seater cable car ?Wildspitzbahn? will be more than 2km long and climb 600m in just 5min 40sec. At the mountain station, the highest coffee house in Austria will open its doors.
- Alm 6-seater chair lift with all-weather bubbles
- Slopes expanded by 5 ha
- All slopes on the Hauser Kaibling now with 100% snow making capability
- Major expansion of the ski area in Preunegg valley
- New, modern 8-passenger gondola, the ?Preunegg Jet?, featuring leather upholstery and heated seating
- Over 2.3km of additional new slopes ? over 20 ha of additional skiing area
- 100 % snow making capability on all slopes ? top snow reliability
- ?Planet Planai? ? a new valley terminal incl. Planai Service Deck (part of the World Championships stadium with some 400 parking spaces and VIP rooms) in the heart of Schladming
- New Mitterhaus 8-seater chair lift, its motto ?Skiing in Paradise?
- Expansion of KinderLand and the ?Gallic Ski Village?
- Widening of the ?Mauthang? valley ski run
- New alpine ski area at elevations from 1,300 to 1,820m above sea level ? Hochsitz at the summit of the Breiteck.
- 2km-long, panoramic 6-seater chair lift with all-weather bubbles
- New, attractive slopes for all ability levels
- Overall expansion, creating some 30km of ski slopes
?Free WLAN throughout the entire ski area?
Saalbach Hinterglemm Leogang
- In the last 10 years the Skicircus Saalbach Hinterglemm Leogang invested approx. EUR 251 m to improve the infrastructure.
- Wetterkreuzbahn: A new 6-seater chairlift replaces the T-bar lift.