Where to work: Waldorf Astoria Chengdu opened – 200th hotel of Hilton in Asia Pacific
Chengdu, China – 31 July 2017 –
Hilton opened its 200th hotel in Asia Pacific, the Waldorf Astoria Chengdu, a 298-key ultra-luxury retreat with 50 square meters guest rooms. A 52-storey, art deco inspired landmark that weaves classic elegance with modern luxury, Waldorf Astoria Chengdu offers guests an inspirational environment in the new financial district of Chengdu Hi-Tech Zone.
Waldorf Astoria Chengdu features six restaurants and bars, including:
- Brasserie 99 is a European-style brasserie that serves innovative and inspired flavors from around the world. With grand chandeliers and floor-to-ceiling windows that provide views of the city, this is the place for an elegant dining experience.
- Infinite Luck Chinese Restaurant serves a wide array of Cantonese specialties. The decor is bold and sophisticated, and the restaurant has four private dining rooms for family celebrations and business functions.
- Peacock Alley Lobby Lounge and Bar was modeled after the New York original and features ‘live’ piano and violin music. With an elegant ‘living room’ vibe, it has marble, brass, and Art Deco detailing, and offers the signature Waldorf Astoria Afternoon Tea.
- Limited Edition Grill is a casual American grill restaurant, where guests can see the chefs in action. Styled by renowned designer Jeffrey Beers, this restaurant features prime cuts of beef, sustainable seafood, and a magnificent wine list.
- Limited Edition SIP Wine Bar showcases artisanal spirits, craft beers, and fine wines from around the world. The setting is refined, with luxurious wooden décor and plush leather seating that add to the welcoming ambience.
- Wall Street Bar on the 52nd floor is a rooftop bar where guests can sip premium small-batch whiskeys and gins, while the resident DJ spins classic jazz, big band grooves, Detroit techno, funk soul, nu-disco, and deep-tech house music (Opening soon).
For events, the hotel offers a grand ballroom and five meeting rooms, with a combined area of over 2,000 square meters. Private elevators from the lobby and car park provide swift access to meeting areas, and large service elevators facilitate events with bigger set-ups.
For pampering and relaxation, the Waldorf Astoria Spa offers private treatment suites and premium products from June Jacobs and Valmont. Other wellness options include a 24-hour fitness center with personal TV displays and music docking stations, as well as a steam room, sauna, ice shower, salt rooms, and 25-meter heated indoor pool offering views of the skyline from the 48th floor.