Hilton expands to 100 countries
Hilton Worldwide has expanded its footprint to 100 countries and territories around the world by raising the Hilton flag at the Hilton N’Djamena in Chad.
In 2015, the company’s strategic focus on organic growth, led by what it calls “12 clearly defined, market-leading brands”, has resulted in it laying claim to being ?the largest and fastest growing global hospitality company?.
Other achievements last year include:
– A record 100,000-plus rooms were signed for development, adding to what the company calls an industry-leading pipeline of 275,000 rooms globally, half of which are under construction, representing nearly 20 percent of all rooms under construction globally;
– More than 50,000 gross rooms were added, and more than 43,000 net rooms, representing 6.6 percent growth in the managed and franchised segment; and
– 14,500 rooms were converted from competitors’ brands and independent hotels, representing nearly 30 percent of all openings in 2015.
Last year Hilton Worldwide also:
– Created an estimated 20,000-plus new hotel jobs as a result of managed and franchised properties opening in its portfolio; and
– Welcomed more than 140 million visitors to the more than 4,600 owned, managed and franchised hotels and timeshare properties in its portfolio.
Since 2007, Hilton Worldwide has expanded by more than 50 percent and has launched three brands which collectively have nearly 60,000 rooms either open or in various stages of development, boosting the company’s growth.
To provide even more options for guests and owners, Hilton Worldwide will unveil a midscale brand later this month, which “will add meaningfully to the company’s growth”
“Entering our 100th country is a testament to the strength of our brands, which continue to position Hilton Worldwide as the fastest-growing global hospitality company with a record pipeline of rooms,” said Christopher J. Nassetta, president and CEO, Hilton Worldwide.
“We strive to be the first choice for our owners by driving the best returns, for our guests by providing a compelling brand for any travel need, and for our team members by creating a great place to work.”