Focus on smart hotel concepts for Millennials
Munich, Germany – 3 October 2016
It’s time for big hotel business – at World’s leading trade fair for real estate, Expo Real in Munich, Germany, smart new hotel concepts for the Millennials are most wanted. Here is an overview of the hopeful concepts:
- Jaz by Steigenberger – The traditional German hotel group – re-named as Deutsche Hospitality – stages with it’s event and music styled design hotel concept in Amsterdam/Netherlands and early 2017 in Stuttgart/Germany.
- Prizeotel & Radisson Red – Carlson Rezidor tries to get more attention by the younger target groups with stylish and cost-effective hotel concepts with smart travel technology (check-in by smartphone, high speed wi-fi and more); First Radisson Red is operated in Brussels, fourth Prizeotel is to be open in Hamburg, Germany.
- Moxy – Marriott recently opened it’s third hotel in Germany in Berlin focusing on a living lobby with co-working places and entertainment facilities. Other interesting concepts of Marriott Int. are: AC Hotels, Edition and Aloft (by former Starwood Hotels).
- Serviced Apartments – Not only in German metropoles like Frankfurt, apartment hotels (Novum Group is to develop the first Staybridge Suites in Frankfurt) are highly interesting gaps in the hotel markets. More hotel groups will develop new concepts for extended stay.
Other hotel concepts, brands to watch:
- Motel One
- Citizen M
- Mama Shelter
- Jo & Joe (Accor)
- Jen (Shangri-La)
- 7 Days (Plateno)
- Indigo (IHG)
- Andaz & House (Hyatt)
- Vib (Best Western)
- me and all (Lindner Hotels)
All new concepts combine these three principles:
- Outstanding travel technology – Book and chek-in by smartphone, door opening by smartphone, high speed wi-fi, video streaming on smart tv screens, chat bots and messenger services for travel bookings and service orders
- Story telling – Music and events with local DNA, insider tipps for sightseeing/shopping/events
- Lifestyle interior design – creative sparks of guest room concepts, living lobby with co-working spaces and grab-n-go food outlets