Choice Hotels revamps loyalty programme
Choice Hotels International rolls out a series of changes to its Choice Privileges guest rewards programme.
The enhancements are being implemented “to bring greater and faster value” to the over 25 million members of Choice Privileges.
New benefits include:
* Your Extras. Weekday travellers can earn a special reward – a little something extra – right when they check in. For each qualifying stay that includes at least one weekday night (Sunday through Thursday), the member can earn a special reward of their choice.
US members have five options, varying from Fuel Rewards savings at participating Shell locations to Amazon.com credit. International members have two options: 500 bonus points or 100 airline miles from participating airline carriers.
* FlexRewards. Get to a free night faster – Members can redeem points for free nights at discounted point levels at participating hotels, varying by season. There will be up to 2,000 hotels reduced during either the weekdays or weekend at any time.
* Digital Gift Cards. Immediate in-app gift card downloads, giving Choice Privileges members instant gratification with new digital gift cards.
* Keep Your Points. As long as members stay active by completing a qualifying activity at least once every 18 months, they get to keep their points.
* 10 Points per Dollar. All 5,500 Choice Hotels now earn 10 points per dollar spent – including economy and extended stay hotels, such as MainStay Suites, Suburban, EconoLodge and Rodeway Inn.
“The exciting new changes to our Choice Privileges programme mark a major milestone in Choice Hotels’ history,” said Jamie Russo, VP of loyalty and customer engagement.
“While many rewards programmes continue to decrease the value of benefits for their guests, we’re building a loyalty programme that gives more and faster perks to travellers starting right when they join.
“We have built these new features around guests, and we want them to feel constantly rewarded by the new Choice Privileges wherever their travels take them.”