Top 10 Summer Hot Spots for Budget Travelers
MAITLAND, Fla.,?May 1, 2014?/PRNewswire/ — Just in time for?Memorial Day?weekend,?HotelCoupons.com, a leading provider of U.S. travel deals, announced its?Top 10 Summer Hot Spots for Budget Travelers?with fun and free activities in each location.
“Our goal is to help consumers get the most for their money on hotels and throughout their travels, so they have more to spend on their vacation must-do’s,” said?Mark Novak, vice president and general manager, Travel Media Group, parent company of HotelCoupons.com.
The following high-value hot spots were ranked by a number of searches conducted last summer on HotelCoupons.com, then combined with the website’s top picks for fun, free things to do.
HotelCoupons.com Top 10 High-Value Summer Hot Spots
- Downtown Disney? offers free admission and parking, plus family-friendly live music and entertainment.
- Harry P. Leu Gardens is free on the first Monday of each month. Explore 50 acres of beautiful gardens in the heart ofOrlando.
Take a quick drive to?Acadia National Park?and marvel at the great outdoors:
- Breathtaking ocean views atop Otter Cliff
- Picnics beside crystal-clear?Jordan Pond
- Hikes up?Cadillac Mountain, the tallest mountain on the Eastern Seaboard
#3?Virginia Beach, Va.
- Between mid-June and?Labor Day, Atlantic Avenue transforms into BeachStreetUSA with live music and street performers nightly.
#4?San Francisco, Calif.
- Walk or bike across the Golden Gate Bridge and take in the spectacular views.
- Visit a museum; many waive admission the first Tuesday of the month.
#5?New York, N.Y.
See iconic attractions for free:
- Bronx Zoo ? Wednesdays
- Guggenheim Museum ? Saturday evenings
- NY Botanical Gardens ? Saturday mornings
Rounding out the Hotelcoupons.com Top 10 Summer Hot Spots for Budget Travelers:?San Diego, Calif.;?Myrtle Beach, S.C.;North Conway, N.H.;?San Antonio, Texas; and?Miami, Fla.?For more free tips on vacation hot spots, visitDrivethenation.com/budget-destinations.
Methodology: Rankings are based on analysis of over 488,000 visits to HotelCoupons.com between?Memorial Day?and?Labor Day, 2013.
About Travel Media Group
Travel Media Group?is a leading?provider of marketing services?for the?travel?and hospitality industry, enabling travelers to get the best possible hotel room prices. The company’s offerings?include?HotelCoupons.com?and?Drive the Nation, helping travelers save time and money.
Source: HotelCoupons.com Unveils Top 10 Summer Hot Spots for Budget Travelers, PR Newswire http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/hotelcouponscom-unveils-top-10-summer-hot-spots-for-budget-travelers-257490421.html published May 01, 2014. Viewed May 02, 2014.