Galaxy Entertainment Group Wins Three Top Honors at 5th Asia Hotel Awards
Hong Kong & Macau, (September10, 2012) – Galaxy Entertainment Group (“GEG”) announced that it has won three top awards at the prestigious Asia Hotel Awards ceremony in Shanghai. StarWorld Macau was recognized for the “Annual Best Hotel Service of Asia” and Galaxy Macau™ was awarded the “Best Integrated Resort of Asia”. The Group was also honored in receiving the “Outstanding Achievement of the Year” award for its founder and Chairman, Dr. Lui Che Woo.
This is the first time in which a single hotel group has been awarded all three of these awards, reinforcing GEG’s remarkable achievements in not only conceiving and developing world class hotels and resorts but also in managing them to the highest industry standards. The awards also recognize GEG’s vision and commitment in helping Macau diversify into a World Tourism and Leisure Center.
Dr. Lui Che Woo, Chairman of GEG, said, “We are delighted to receive recognition for both of our flagship properties from one of Asia’s leading industry awards. StarWorld Macau prides itself on providing a ‘Star Rated’ experience unlike any other for our guests, and Galaxy Macau has quickly positioned itself as the only true integrated resort in Macau, so we are very proud to be recognized by our industry peers for our commitment to ‘World Class, Asian Heart’ service and amenities.”
“On a personal level, I am extremely honored to receive the ‘Outstanding Achievement of the Year’ award. My objective has always been to build a unique identity for GEG, by developing our properties to the highest international standard with a commitment to the very best in Asian-centric hospitality. StarWorld Macau and Galaxy Macau have won numerous international awards, continually exceeding all of my expectations, which couldn’t have been achieved without the passion and commitment of our incredible management team and devoted staff,” he continued.
StarWorld Macau’s “Star Rated” services have been widely recognized in the industry and have garnered over 30 accolades since the hotel’s opening in 2006. It has been among the “Top Ten Most Charming Hotel in Asia” at the “Golden Horse Award of China Hotel”, as well as the “Top Ten Glamorous Hotels of China” at the “China Hotel Starlight Awards” for 3 years in a row. It is also the only hotel in Macau to have won the “Five Star Diamond Award” from the American Academy of Hospitality Sciences for 5 consecutive years.
The 550,000 square meter Galaxy Macau opened on May 15th, 2011 and offers a number of game-changing features and amenities which make Galaxy Macau the most complete holiday destination in Macau:
- The most luxurious of accommodation, from three of the world’s leading hotel brands: the five-star Galaxy Hotel™ which offers 1,500 rooms, the 500-room Hotel Okura Macau; and the ultra exclusive Banyan Tree Macau which offers 250 suites.
- The 52,000 square meter Grand Resort Deck, where the 4,000 square meter skytop wave pool with 350 tons of white sand create a 150 meter long shoreline, with waves reaching as high as 1.5 meters.
- 10 luxurious floating villas and private cabana lounges alongside the Banyan Tree Pool at the Grand Resort Deck.
- The renowned award-winning Banyan Tree Spa offers world class relaxation with myriad Asian health and beauty treatments and therapies.
- The tropical and Japanese gardens which are two of the endless leisure facilities for the whole family.
- More than 50 predominantly Asian food and beverage outlets which are tailored to the needs of different customers.
- The world’s first Macallan Whisky Bar, replicating the unique hospitality of the Scottish Highlands, with heavy oak-wood paneling and classical furniture harking back to centuries long past, and a selection of over 400 whiskies.
- A number of Wow Features to give our guests the finest possible experience from the moment of entering Galaxy Macau, including the Fortune Diamond that is located in the main lobby – a mammoth three-meter gem that rises before your very eyes from behind a waterfall; The Wishing Crystals which is a marvel of interaction and numerous gems rise from the entrance lobby to offer words of blessings; and the Galaxy Laserama which is one of the largest laser shows in the world, with eight showings a night and a different spectacle every time.
- A wide range of entertainment facilities including China Rouge, an exclusive, members-only performance lounge and Macau’s first modern 3D Cineplex.
– End –
GEG received three awards at the Asia Hotel Awards ceremony, including the “Annual Best Hotel Service of Asia” award (left) for StarWorld Macau, the “Best Integrated Resort of Asia” award (right) for Galaxy Macau and the “Outstanding Achievement of the Year” award (middle) for the Chairman of GEG Dr. Lui Che Woo.
The award recognizing StarWorld Macau’s “Star Rated” services was received by the Assistant Vice President of Marketing Communications of StarWorld Macau Ms. Vicky Wu.
The award recognizing Galaxy Macau’s Asian-centric positioning was received by Ms. Janette Kendall, Senior Vice President of Marketing of Galaxy Macau.
With GEG winning 3 awards at the ceremony, Mr. Raymond Yap (middle), Senior Vice President of International Premium Market Development of GEG, also attended the event to receive the award on behalf of Dr. Lui Chi Woo.