Summer?s over: how to save time at the airport
Use the Express baggage drop-off service
For customers looking for more autonomy in organizing their trip, Air France is offering new express channels where passengers can print their own baggage labels at the self-service kiosk and go directly to the dedicated ?Express? baggage drop-off area without queuing at check-in counters. Easily identifiable ?Express? signage has been developed for this purpose.
This express channel is being introduced this summer at a dozen French airports including Paris-Orly, Paris-Charles de Gaulle terminals 2F and 2G, Bordeaux, Lyon, Mulhouse, Nantes, Nice, Pau, Strasbourg and Toulon.
Priority passport control
PARAFE is a service which enables you to benefit from fast passage through passport control on departure and arrival at Paris-Charles de Gaulle, Paris-Orly West (hall 3) and at Marseille Provence.
With your passport and fingerprint, use the dedicated fast lane and save time both on departure and arrival.
This automatic passport control can be used if you have a recent French biometric passport or if you have registered your passport free of charge with the French border police (more details at www.parafe.gouv.fr).
Anticipate every stage of your trip with your smartphone
To ensure passengers a smooth passage through the airport, customers are invited to consult the website www.airfrance.com, its mobile version http://mobile.airfrance.com or its free mobile applications (iPhone, Android, Blackberry, and iPad in July).
Passengers will then be able to:
- check in online in advance and choose or change their seat,
- print their boarding pass from 30 hours before departure and up to the latest check-in time, or be sent it via e-mail or SMS on their smartphone,
- purchase an additional baggage allowance benefiting from a reduction of 20%, in addition to the first bag weighing up to 23 kg offered free of charge,
- check the information relevant to the preparation of their trip, including those relating to baggage, changes in latest check-in times or formalities. Since 26 June 2012, for example, a child must be in possession of an individual official travel document, passport or identity card.
- benefit from Air France Connect, a proactive information service to inform customers of any irregularities: to be informed in real time of any flight cancellations, delays, a change in boarding gate or any delayed baggage delivery, customers can give Air France their mobile phone number (with country code) and the e-mail address they will be using during their trip. The contact numbers must be entered in the "Manage my bookings" section, on their Flying Blue account or in the ?My account? section.
Bon voyage with Air France!
Discover all the latest Air France news in real time wherever you are on the free iPhone application on the corporate website and on smartphones at http://mobile-corporate.airfrance.com/en